.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

I Guess I Really AM an Optimist


Funny story…..
As I have stated here over the past few posts, I’m in a bit of a funk. No big deal really. It will pass.

It just seems like forever when you’re going through it.

So, the other day I was sitting at my desk, trolling the internet….because everyone knows that’s the best therapy for being in a blue funk (being facetious here….in case you didn’t get that…) and out the window I see the UPS truck pull up and stop in front of the house.

Hmmmm…..I’m not expecting anything. I ask Husband if he’s expecting any deliveries. 

Nope.

I watch as the driver pulls a white box out of the back of the truck, scans it and trots up to the front door.
The doorbell rings…….well, it really is for us.

Now I’m getting excited! My mind is racing as I try and think what it might be and who it’s from…..

Maybe a friend has read my blog posts about being down in the dumps and is sending me something to cheer me up. It looks like a Styrofoam cooler.
Something perishable…..Omaha Steaks!!!!!

I’m getting more excited by the minute!
Husband retrieves the package but we don’t see a recognizable return address….or any markings actually. So I carefully slice the packing tape away and open it. Inside is a large plastic envelope….the suspense continues!

I carefully lift the envelope out……..cut it open………

Aaaaaaand……….TAA DAA





















The first delivery of my new meds! 

I laughed so hard my sides began to hurt!
It might not have been the surprise I was hoping for but it DID make me laugh! 

4 comments:

  1. Lol, I often forget I’ve ordered something and when it arrives my husband will ask what it is and I have to say “I don’t know”! The steaks would have been more fun but at least you know the med company has your address correct!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame that there wasn't something more exciting in the package but at least you had a good laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say laughter is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!