.....and other random stuff......

Friday, November 17, 2017

Taa Daa It's Finally Done

....well, except for the area rug......which, for the life of me, I can't decide on....
This is looking from the foyer into the laundry room.


This is looking from the garage into the laundry room (it was easier to take the 'panorama' shot from this angle.)


And THIS is the reason for the whole re-do. I wanted a broom closet to keep the vacuum cleaner in. It's a 30" cabinet....add that to the width of the machines and you don't have enough room for the sink cabinet.....BUT....with the weird little 'wedge' of empty space behind the machines and Husband's amazing abilities he made it work! He placed the machines at an angle that allowed him to fit the sink base between them and the broom closet (with a bit of customizing.)  
There is more storage space than I have 'stuff'! But storage is always at a premium so thinking ahead about re-sale value we thought it was a good idea to use all the space we had and put cabinets up to the ceiling. I need the step stool to reach them but storage is storage and I've only put things that we hardly ever need or look for up there.  
And this is the little step stool I bought at Ikea (in the children's section) so I can actually see the settings on the dryer! 
Once I can make up my mind about a rug it will be officially DONE! 
But for now I just wander in there to admire it's gloriousness.....and occasionally do a load of laundry! 

5 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful laundry room! Your hubby is wicked smaht to figure the space for the closet. I also have a small, step stool so I can reach the dryer :-D And I have the same pair of shoes! Wander in and admire in good health and occasionally send your laundry to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, you should admire it, it's looking great! And what a wealth in storage space! You can never have too much of that... I really like the design of your washing machine / dryer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are so lucky to have such a handy hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m green here, such a lovely and functional re-do. Well done 👍 it definitely looks good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!