.....and other random stuff......

Friday, October 6, 2017

So, as I Was Saying......Bits & Pieces.....

 I draw random 'bits & pieces' while watching TV with Husband. 
Sometimes they make a more interesting 'whole' when combined than drawing the creature/person organically all at once. 

This
plus this
and this
and this

 scanned and combined in Photoshop make this

Then I printed him out and added clothes and color and texture.
I added facial features from my old PDF sheets cleaned him up a bit, re-scanned him and voilà!

I prefer collage the old school way, cutting and pasting IRL but I'm trying to improve my Photoshop skills. 
Like how to add a drop shadow. 
I need more practice but I'm pretty 'chuffed' with how he turned out. 







4 comments:

  1. Oh, he's awesome! I can't figure how you can sketch while looking at TV! I crochet in the evenings, because I make simple patterns and don't have to look at my hands, can concentrate in TV.
    You're oh so gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That's given me an idea for one of your backgrounds. I will download your pdf's and I'll see what character I can come up with using your features. Oooh what fun. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! You're so clever. I'm imagine him yelling, Mom, I can't find my shoes! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg Robin, you're genius! I love everything about him. What a great idea! I have been searching for ways to make "wonky" people, but you're right: just drawing them isn't the same. This looks like super fun. How did you make the shadow? Did you use the drop shadow tool or did you draw it? He's awesome, YOU are awesome! You're giving me so many ideas. Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!