.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The Harder the Battle the Sweeter the Victory…

I don’t often feel ‘old’.
I mean I feel the same as I always have since I was about twenty-something.
Until I look in the mirror….but that’s a WHOLE ‘nother post…..lol.

I’ve managed to keep up with most of the technology that has come along. I guess it helped it’s what I did for a living. But I’ve managed to keep up with ‘messaging’ ‘texting’ ‘Facebooking’ ‘surfing the web’ etc...….
Not bad for an old fart, if I do say so myself.

I’ve chosen not to participate on all the platforms because I don’t have enough time in the day to fall into the abyss that is the ‘interwebs’ (as we old folks call it, or so I’m told that’s what we call it. I never have, but then I’m obstinate!)

My point is I’m pretty competent when it comes to my devices.
Mostly……..
Until it comes to borrowing a digital book.

It used to be so easy and straight forward. Go to the Overdrive site and download said book.
But they’ve changed something and now I can’t even GET to my account at Overdrive!
I try and sign in, I try and navigate the site, I try and remember my account number (okay, so this one’s on me, I didn’t write it down. I told Tabley to ‘remember me’ and apparently he hasn’t!)
I keep trying to come at it in a different way or even set up a new account….nope, not letting me.

I’m getting frustrated, and we all know that leads to nothing good, ever…

Until…….I remember that when I’m finished reading a digital loan I have to go to Amazon to return it. (I have no idea how Amazon got involved in all this but who am I to question?)
So I log into Amazon on Tabley….can’t even get to ‘manage your devices’ on him….hmmmm….

I’m not going down without a fight!
I log into Amazon on my PC, go to my devices and there it is!
I download the book to Tabley.

Success!!!
Take that you insensitive inanimate object you!

Victory lap around the living room! 

4 comments:

  1. I sincerely hope that's a really great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whhhooooooooo! You beat the machine! I had trouble downloading a book from the library. Seems my library card expired. Are you kidding me? I had to go to the library to get it renewed! Oh for the days when a library card lasted forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds familiar. I got a new Kindle for Christmas last year. It took a few tries but I think i finally got everything working hunky dory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you! I would have given up and gone out and bought the paperback version. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!