.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It Was a Charlie Brown Christmas

Literally!
Sometimes, I’m sorry to say, I have a less than wholehearted approach to Christmas.
I didn’t even put up the tree this year.
Amid all the disorder of remodeling I just couldn’t be bothered (insert a ‘Bah Humbug’ anywhere you feel appropriate…..)

I felt kind of bad for the boys, but not bad enough to do anything about it.

Enter Son2.

He bought us THIS!
I LOVE IT!
It’s PERFECT!

 SO……..it was our tree for this year (and don’t tell anybody but I’ve decided it’s going to be our official tree from now on!)
Of course I had to document it!


4 comments:

  1. Christmas can be such a roller coaster of emotions. So much preparation, cleaning, cooking, decorating. And the event is over in a flash. And your left with so much cleaning. And there's never anyone around for the cleaning up part. I love your little tree. And your illustration captured its essence perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noooo! I thought your little tree was just you showing your sense of humour. I couldn't be without my tree and decorations. They go up at the beginning of December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I don't put up any decorations. It's the "putting them away" part that I hate the most!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree.... and would have loved to have it at my house, but it seems I am the only one here that thinks that way. So for now a big tree it is .... but one day I will change this tradition!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!