.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Kitchen Hack

I’m sure you’ve heard of ‘kitchen hacks’. Little tips, tricks and shortcuts to make life easier. Most of the time I find they’re not really all that useful or good.
BUT, the other day as I was browsing (aka falling into the abyss that is) Facebook, I came across this little tidbit.

CUP OF CHEESECAKE
Mix 2 oz cream cheese, 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 2-4 tbsp sugar in a cup. Microwave for 90 seconds, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
Then, let it chill until the right consistency.

I added this part……
If you want to add Graham crackers for crust: crush up one or two graham crackers add some melted butter to ‘hold’ them together. Spoon into a separate cup and pour the microwaved ingredients on top to chill.

I don’t even like cheesecake for the most part. But being the good little wife that I am I thought I’d give it a try for Husband’s sake. And because I’m just too damn lazy to make an actual cheesecake even though it’s his favorite dessert. Cuz that’s the kind of girl I am…..always giving (snort!)
OMG!!!! 
It is DELICIOUS!

I doubled the recipe thinking Husband would have a treat for two nights. Then I had a taste as he was enjoying it and I went straight to the fridge and scarfed down the second one! 

I did ‘tweak’ the recipe a bit. I added more lemon juice because we like things tart. 
And we find this recipe is enough for two servings. It is VERY rich.
I strongly suggest you give it a try. Even if you don’t like traditional cheesecake. 


Excuse the lousy pictures but I was so excited to share this with you I just snapped a few quick pics! 
{ignore the condensation droplets.......I don't know why that happened. It was only in Husbands's cup.....}

7 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks delicious...I love cheesecake. Thanks for the recipe what a great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mug recipes. This will be a nice treat for the girlies and me. I make mini cheesecakes using a vanilla wafer bottom in a cupcake liner. Maybe a vanilla wafer in the bottom of the mug for the crust? Would save time as you wouldn't need to dirty a second mug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and you could spoon fresh fruit or canned pie filling on top when chilled. Blueberries with your lemon filling? Yum!

      Delete
  3. sounds like just the right size!!
    if i make a whole cheesecake, i EAT a whole cheesecake! sad, but true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a cheesecake lover so will have to give it a try. My husband doesn't really like cheesecake, so it will be made just for me! My artistic side really loved the condensation bubbles in the picture. Yummy looking and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing wrong with those pix! I've seen these cake in a cup recipes in the Pinterest abyss and have pinned several to try at a later time. You've got me putting cream cheese on the list!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!