.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

50 E Jackson Avenue—Part One, the Discovery

I have very fond memories of that house. It’s where I started my (official) married life. Where I had my babies. Where we poured blood, sweat and tears into making it a home.

When we first found it I was trying to convince Husband we could afford to buy a house.
He was……skeptical. We had been living the high life in our apartment. Traveling and being frivolous.
We hadn’t saved a dime.

I, ever the optimist, (read: blissfully ignorant of any reality concerning the purchase and upkeep of home ownership) just kept telling him we could!

So, we went looking.
The first stop was to a realtor my parents had used when we first moved to the area.
When she found out we weren’t married she proceed to tell us it was illegal to sell to an unmarried couple!

Moving on…..

We used to hop in my little blue Pinto and drive around in neighborhoods we liked.
Then one day it happened.

As we drove past the little cottage, the heavens opened, sunlight poured down upon the house bathing it in golden rays, choruses of angels began to sing…..and we fell immediately in love.  

We wrote down the realtor’s number and so began our odyssey into home ownership.
The first good sign was the couple who owned the real estate office weren’t married either!

Even though they were an ‘older’ couple. 

Stay tuned for the continuing saga............

5 comments:

I appreciate your comments!