.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bring Back Holidays

Is it just me or do you long for the good ‘ole days when the stores waited until AFTER Halloween to put out their Christmas decorations…..the radio didn’t play ‘ALL CHRISTMAS, ALL THE TIME’ for six weeks before the holiday! And the stores didn’t try to outdo one another by opening on Thanksgiving Day and staying open for forty two hours straight???? 

I guess I’m just old fashioned but I think people should be home with their friends and family on Thanksgiving.

So YAY to these stores for honoring their employees, going against the tide, and staying closed on turkey day!

DSW

{Although, truth be told, I'm really gonna miss going to Tractor Supply...... ;) }

8 comments:

  1. We don't have Thanksgiving here.... (although we do have Harvest festival but that's more churcey than general celebration) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the good old days. When each holiday had its own space, and all stores were closed on the major holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Robin!! Thanksgiving is for families, not for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so good so many stores doing this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for them! We're not shopping/eating out on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the fact stores open on Sundays. I'm not religious but do we need to have 7 day shopping? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!