.....and other random stuff......

Monday, February 25, 2013

One Finger Salute


One of the funniest childhood memories I have is the first time I ever saw my mother give somebody the ‘finger’.

My parents were not what you would call ‘earthy’ people.
They were refined intellectuals.
Not given to outbursts of emotion, or uninhibited behavior.
She used to say s**t once in a while, in moments of extreme frustration, but flipping the bird at someone???

Totally out of character.

Picture it……..
Here is this petite, mannered, well groomed lady driving along in traffic, minding her own business when out of nowhere something set her off.
All I remember is her shouting at the man in the car going past us………
and her finger.

Her slim, well manicured (with dazzling Million Dollar Red nail polish) finger shooting out of the window at the speed of light!

It was hysterical!

I had never seen my mother lose it in such an undignified manner before.
I remember laughing so hard I couldn’t sit upright in the seat. 

.................... ..... /´¯/)
.................... ..,/¯ ..//
.................... ./... ./ /
............./´¯/' ...'/´¯ ¯`·¸
........../'/.../... ./... ..../¨¯\
........('(...´(... ....... ,~/'...')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.·´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ...\

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! (love the typed finger too, that's clever)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I heard a 'posh' lady say the F word. I fell about laughing too, it sounded so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-D I spewed tea all over my laptop screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaks volumes about what the guy in the other car must have done...
    :-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHaHaHa... a great story that you tell so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh my goodness...how I love your mom!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!