.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Step Away From the Stuffie!


I heard a quote on the movie channel the other day.
It was from director Nicholas Ray. He said, “It’s not all in the script. If it were, why make the movie?”
And I TOTALLY get it!       

I feel the same way about my stuffies.
It’s not all in the sketch/pattern/idea.
If it were why bother making it?

But sometimes I get thoroughly stuck when making one of my little friends.
Like today.

I was having a hard time and nothing was going right, and in my head I heard Husband say, “Step away from the children.”

I thought that sage advice could be applied to this situation.

So I am stepping away from the stuffie.
For now.
Until she is ready to tell me what she wants.




8 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing the finished article :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's already got facial features and clearly has a personality - so I'm not surprised you've had to step back. It looks like a very opinionated ... 'thing' and i am sure it will tell you when IT is ready!
    Corinne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice material Robin...I'm sure it will turn into another great character. At the moment it looks sort of shark meets octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hahahah! Sharktapus, I love that!

      Delete
  5. This is like trying to see pictures in clouds.
    :-D I love her color. I see a...giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I totally get the stepping away. There were unfinished art journal pages I had to step away from and then eventually go back to. When the time is right they seem to speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It helps to get some perspective by stepping back from or away from. I LOVE what you've begun here and can't wait to see the finished stuffy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!