.....and other random stuff......

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Pure Love


I went to the grocery store today. It is by far my favorite grocery store of all time!
And today just showed me again why.

Santa was there!

As I was checking out, Santa and Mrs. Claus were sitting side by side posing for pictures with the kids and giving out goodie bags filled with fresh fruit (not candy, another plus for this terrific store!)

As I watched, a father and son stood in line.
The boy was shyly leaning against his father holding his hand. Except he was too old to be holding his father’s hand.

When it was his turn he clumsily sat on Santa’s lap and recited his ‘wish list’ then bolted back to his father.
But Santa’s ‘elf’ hadn’t had time to snap a picture, so Santa asked him to come back and pose with him again.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone’s face light up with such sheer delight like this boy’s face did.
His grin was as big as his whole face!

As I walked out of the store I was behind this father and son.
The boy was still clinging to his father’s hand, looking up at him, still with a face splitting grin, as his father lovingly looked down at him.

It’s times like this that I wish I could really draw.
But I don’t think I could have captured the love that radiated from the two of them.

4 comments:

I appreciate your comments!