.....and other random stuff......

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sketchbook Challenge May 2012


This month’s theme over at the Sketchbook Challenge is 'fruits and vegetables'.
I like fruits and vegetables…..
To eat.
To draw, they don't do much to excite me.
But in the interest of showing the crappy stuff too, here is what I did:
Doodling in front of TV, totally uninspired, just to have something for this theme.
Copic markers and Pitt pen
  Also, an unimaginative green bell pepper (originally done in charcoal and pastels) enhanced in Photoshop to try and make it more interesting.
Some days are just……meh.


6 comments:

  1. The beauty of a journal is to have ideas you can work up later, if you wish. I like the apple design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey R.! These are definitely more than meh. I esp like yr peppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could draw a salad or draw a bowl and fill it with bits of paper or stuff to look like a salad. Truthfully, I have been busy enough I haven't even looked at that site or done anything with their prompts in months. I basically forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the apple one, especially the little worm :lol;
    I can see a larger version of the peppers in a loft apartment. Not really meh at all. Some days I think we need to step away from our work and only view it a few days later to see the beauty in it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doh! I did an apple with a worm..honest I did not copy you!....Love your version, it looks like an illustration for a book (both of them in fact)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them, both! We're our own worst... sheep?... you know?? So no more paper beads? Run out of ideas of what to do with them? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!