.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Time Machine

The idea of time travel has always intrigued me.
The movie THE TIME MACHINE is one of my favorites.
When Son1 was younger we used to have wonderful conversations about what we would do if we had a time machine. Where we would go, what it would be like. The possibility of changing history.
But the part of the movie that intrigues me the most is the ending.
Rod Taylor goes into the future to stay and he brings three books with him.
The movie never says what books he brings and I’ve pondered this.
I think he would take the Bible, and probably a dictionary. But what would the third book have been? What book would you need to shape a whole new world?
What books would you take?

3 comments:

  1. Which three books? Hmm. For myself, they'd be George Eliot's Middlemarch. Michael Collins' Carrying the Fire, and my Kindle with all the books in my library!!
    :-)
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...that question would take way too much thought but I must agree with a dictionary...and maybe a book about how to build a computer with servers, etc and jiminy Christmas...not sure what else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivanhoe by Sr. Walter Scott, Tolkein's Lord of the Rings. But I like the idea of the Kindle cheat, only I'd take the iPad so can have iBooks, Kindle, and Nook

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!