.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Moment I ‘Knew’

We were standing in the living room, having a fight.
Yelling and screaming at each other. Okay, maybe not yelling and screaming. That’s not our style.
But it was definitely a big argument.

Right in the middle, Husband (this was before he became Husband) walks over to me, wraps his arms around me and very quietly says, “I love you. I’m mad as hell at you right now, but I love you very much.”

It stopped me in my tracks!
Took the wind out of my sails, and any other cliché you can think of.

I was dumbfounded!

Other than my parents nobody had ever said anything like that to me before.
It certainly was a great way to end and argument!

I don’t remember what we were fighting about, what was said in the heat of the argument, but I remember those words like it was yesterday.

And THAT was when I realized he was a keeper!

3 comments:

I appreciate your comments!