.....and other random stuff......

Friday, December 23, 2011

Valid Grounds for Divorce

During this Yuletide season, certain situations arise that point out just how tenuous marriage really is.
I refer to the ongoing debate of the correct application of icicles on a Christmas tree.

In my humble opinion, this debate far outweighs the usual marital disagreements, i.e. seat up or down, leaving the toothpaste cap off, which way the toilet paper should come off the roll, all fade by comparison to THE GREAT ICICLE DEBATE.

I feel very strongly about this. 

Growing up I was taught that the icicles should be painstakingly placed on the tree in a meticulous single strand application. My mother was very firm about this. (And I am my mother’s daughter, after all! LOL)

So when Husband and I set up housekeeping together I expected him to do things my way. (What can I say, I was young.)

When the first holiday season rolled around and we bought our first tree together all went well.
Until the icicles.

Now, Husband is usually pretty neat in his endeavors, so I was quite taken aback when he grabbed a large handful of icicles and proceeded to lob them at the tree!
Actually, I was horrified.

After much 'discussion' (and to avoid divorce court,) we no longer use icicles on our tree.

3 comments:

  1. Good decision...at least you still have a tree!...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm with your hubby. I think tinsel should be festively tossed! Himself agrees with you. We also don't use tinsel on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a hilarious post Robin. I shared it with hubby and he agrees with your hubby. Fortunately we have a bare tree this year because of T-The-B, so our marital crisis has taken a repreive. Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!