.....and other random stuff......

Friday, December 30, 2011

Swizzle Sticks

I went to the restaurant supply place the other day.
I was looking for swizzle sticks.
I looked around for a while and couldn’t find any so I went to the counter and asked, “Do you have any swizzle sticks?”
The guy just stared blankly at me.
Then, an older gentleman standing behind him shook his head and said, “He doesn’t know what swizzle sticks are. And no, I’m sorry we don’t carry them.”
First of all…..
A restaurant supply house doesn’t carry swizzle sticks?
I guess I should have gone to a bar supply house!
My mistake.
But more than that….
He doesn’t know what a swizzle stick is?
You’re kidding, right?
Did you grow up in a bubble?
How can you not know what a swizzle stick is? Especially in your business!
But just as general knowledge, how can you not know?
Husband said he was too young.
Okay, but I know a lot of things that happened and were popular before ‘my time’ and that doesn’t stop me from knowing about them!
The boys know what swizzle sticks are. And they are half the age of the guy in the store!
I know I’m ranting, forgive me, but sometimes the stupidity meter just goes off the chart!


FYI:

Swizzle sticks


Swizzle sticks have 2 puposes. Foremost, they are used to stir the drink. Secondly they are used to pick up pieces of fruit or olives from the drinks without using your fingers.

Swizzle sticks
They literally come in all sizes or shapes and often carry a logo or advertisement at the top. They are usually made from plastic, but the more fancy places can use steel, glass or even wooden swizzle sticks.

(I now feel I have done my duty to educate the world about swizzle sticks!)

4 comments:

  1. I hope this guy feels he has missed out on swizzle sticks! at least he saw you standing there, I wait by the counter and become invisible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what they are! But I'm not sure my kids do...except for my son who might imbibe a bit too much every now and then. But I digress. I collected them at yard sales for a couple years and had a very impressive collection of vintage swizzles but sold them on ebay. For a really nice price. Happy using them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ask my daughters if they know what swizzle sticks are.... I hope so, or I will wonder what else I haven't taught them about.... one of them still lives at home, so I still have time to teach her... the other one, well I will cross my fingers that she knows.
    Thanks for your intersting tidbits on life. I enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness to put it mildly. I would have been ranting and raving in the store. C'mon!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!