.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, December 29, 2011

‘Nined’

As opposed to ‘tened’?  LOL

I am fascinated by the nonsensical words you have to type in order to leave a comment on some blogs. ('Nined' was one of them.)
I have no idea why I'm so intrigued.

But they set my imagination into overdrive.

I have always been fascinated by words. 
Their little nuances, subtle changes in meanings when one word is used instead of another.
The ‘singsong’ alliteration of certain words (totally aside of their definition.)

Then there are the regional differences, not to mention the cultural differences of certain words.

The choices people make with their words says so much about them.

Spellbinding! 
Nined and Tened
You have now been 'Nined' and 'Tened'!
(I have NO idea what it means, but it sounds like a verb doesn't it? LOL)

2 comments:

  1. nine n ten shun for the new year is to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to say that only you Robin would have a fascination with these odd words, but actually I have to admit I have too...what does that say about us, are we sad?! or just really interested in them?!!...I would like to think we are utterly captivated by them (says me in a posh voice - which I haven't got)...I have wondered for a long time now whether to collect these words and try to make up some meanings for them. I did actually start a list a while ago but gave up (wish I had kept them) - perhaps we should start one and then make a Dictionary of them..we could call it a JOKEictionary..lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!