.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I Like My Kids


Having the boys’ home for Christmas was wonderful! On so many levels.

Before I had kids I often worried that when I did have them, I wouldn’t like them. That’s not to say I wouldn’t love them. I knew I would love them, but would I like them?

There is a world of difference.

I am very pleased to announce that I like my kids!
I REALLY LIKE my kids!

They are intelligent, knowledgeable, funny, witty, great conversationalists, entertaining, and just generally fun to be around. (If they weren't my kids they would be people I would like as friends.)

We hadn’t seen them for a while so it was quite a treat.

We ‘talk’ aka text, im, and call each other all the time but it’s not the same as being together.

What was also very heartening was to watch them interact with one another.
They really LIKE each other!

There was much laughter and teasing, and you could tell they had each other’s back!

Not that I want to brag here or anything! LOL 
But I have to say I’m very proud of the people they have grown up to be.

(Okay, all together now, “Awwwwwww” LOL)

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a case of Awwwwwwww! It's so good to get everyone together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWW! I love hearing this proud momma talk about her awwwwwwwwwwesome kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. You and your DH did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did a fabulous job there, mom. How utterly satisfying!! Btw, Happy New Year!!!
    PS how old are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 25, the younger one is 22. He's sitting next to me right now and says 'depends who's asking.'

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!