.....and other random stuff......

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Upcycled Journals


The Alliance for the Arts Gallery, where I sell some of my ‘stuff’, opened a new show called REFUSE REPURPOSED.

I was invited to enter but I didn’t think my upcycled journals were really what they had in mind so I didn’t submit anything.

Then the director called and asked if I had any more of my journals to put out on opening night because she thought they would tie in nicely to the theme of the show.  (They had sold all the others I had given them!)

 I scrambled like crazy to find some, and came up with a handful.  

The opening reception was on Friday October 7th and on Monday she called again to ask for more! She had sold all I had given her again and had people who asked if I could make more!

So all week I’ve been running around like a chicken with its head cut off because I had to start from scratch!

I didn’t have any upcycled fabric paper or prepared pages for signatures! And it takes FOREVER for things to dry here because of the humidity (even in the air conditioned house!)! LOL 

I have six more in different stages of readiness but I have five I can give her tomorrow.
I hope I didn’t take too long and the interested parties still want them! 

(Here are three that were dry enough to photograph!)



This one was a special request, a folio to hold correspondence. 

Recycled material and old book pages from a damaged book.
Recycled tissue paper from a gift that I stamped on and stiffened with glue.
This was packing paper that cushioned something Husband ordered. I glued fabric scraps  leftover from other projects,  and free motion stitched.









6 comments:

  1. Wow!..these are great - I'm so glad for you that they have been successful (I can see why).
    ...Oh, and as I am here, I have kept meaning to ask how your foot is these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good for you! How neat is that? It's super! They came out really nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning stunning stunning. Where is this show??
    xx d.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! I love the books, and love hearing they're selling like hot buns :) Do you have an etsy or other online shop as well? I'd love to browse ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely journals and congratulations on the sales! YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!