.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Mother Curse

You know that ‘curse’ that mothers lay on their children out of sheer frustration? 
You know the one, “I hope you have a child JUST like you someday!”
Well, my mother got her wish in son2.
He was……..an exasperating child. Smart, quick witted and wonderful, but had a definite mind of his own. In everything!
And stubborn beyond all reason!
Coming from a long line of stubborn people I guess he comes by it naturally. He has stubborn parents, stubborn grandparents, and stubborn great grandparents (both sides!) 
You can see where this is going.
All that stubbornness distilled down into one tiny little boy!
My mother was in her glory when son2 would try my patience!
She just loved it when I would call her to vent my annoyance at something he had done.
One day in total exasperation I called and wailed to her.”My God! How did you ever let me live?”
All I heard in response was laughter!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this rings so true...and is so funny! :) :) I agree, your mom sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Oh stubborness can be so bad but on the positive side, people who are stubborn can stick with projects others give up on. Or they can keep on believing when others lose hope. So go on being stubborn and let your son be also, just use the good side of it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!