.....and other random stuff......

Monday, September 12, 2011

Creatures


I had some odd bits of watercolor paper leftover from 
Carla Sonheim’s Imaginary Creatures class so I decided to try and channel some new ones.

You just slop some watercolor in three different colors randomly on the paper. After it dries you turn it around and look at it from all four sides to see if you can 'see' an imaginary creature. Just embellish as desired and voilá!  

They don’t really look too inspired. (I’m not fishing for compliments, just being truthful.)

That’s okay.

It was a mind dump kind of day yesterday, so they fulfilled their purpose.
Bob Blob

Platypus with Green Turban

Red Rabbit

11 comments:

  1. These are really clever. Think I'll give that a try, but doubt they will look like anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all awesome, but the platypus with green turban made my day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a GReat imagination. Maybe I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love red rabbit! I might have to give this a try. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them. Carla's work is wonderful, another teacher I'd love to do classes with. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN! FUN! FUN! Love them! Whimsical and Wonderful! Popping by from PopArtMinis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them ~ fun! Whimsical and creative ~ great way to explore our creativity ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ^_^ (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Far from creature! This is just darling and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these whimsical creatures! What wonderful expressions they all have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are so whimsical and humorous! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!