.....and other random stuff......

Friday, August 26, 2011

‘Spectacle’

This term was hung on my better half.
Husband, you see, has a very keen and slightly ‘off center’ sense of humor.
And it often comes out when we are in public.
Which causes people to look at us as if we are……….strange.

So began the family joke “Dad is being a ‘Spectacle’”.

The other day, he was kneeling beside the pool, using his hand as a scoop. Reaching for something that I couldn’t see. 

I didn’t think much of it. 

Small creatures are always finding their way into the pool and Husband or I frequently rescue them.
But he kept reaching and scooping, reaching and scooping and coming up empty handed. 
Then he started to laugh out loud.

Okay, he is really losing it this time! What is so funny?

Between guffaws of laughter he tells me he was trying to rescue one of the tiny newborn snakes that come onto the lanai but it kept moving so fast he couldn’t grab it! (This is very unlikely for a baby snake.)

After several minutes of unsuccessful attempts he finally realized there was nothing there! 

It was a ‘floater’ in his vision and that’s why he couldn’t grab it!

Growing old is going to be hysterical!
Oh, wait, it already is! LOL

3 comments:

  1. LOL here - have to admit I have husb. who thought our digital alarm clock in the middle of the night said SOS only to eventually realise it said 5:05 (all I can say is HELP!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha :) I'd love to one day be able to have a cup of coffee with you - I just think we'd have a great time - loving your sense of humour much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've got some recent huge floaters I really feel for your husband! They sure get in the way but according to the doctor, they should settle out in about 6 months. Yeah, 6 months of having them interfere with my vision. If your husband's get worse make sure he gets his eyes checked out.

    I am not aging gracefully. I want to kick and scream but who will care? I don't want my kids to think I am a whiner. I guess that's why us older people tell our stories amongst ourselves. I sure enjoy your humorous take on everything. It helps!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!