.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Grandpa Chair


My father lost a leg due to cancer, so he had issues with balance.
My mother bought him a beautiful leather wing chair. Very straight backed and with enough stability for him to maneuver in and out of on his own.
It became known as ‘The Grandpa chair’.
This chair is one of the things I’ve kept from my parent’s house.
My father only lived long enough to know Son1.
And the only picture I have of them together is in ‘The Grandpa Chair’.


4 comments:

  1. Special memories....and your sketch is really good, it's difficult to get angles with chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Robin. Thanks for sharing, and I love the sketch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister who is moving to Japan is passing our "Grandpa chair" down to her daughter. I have a picture of him two weeks before he died, holding his newest granddaughter on his lap. Some memories are bittersweet. I want him, not the memory.

    Nice drawing of the chair.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!