.....and other random stuff......

Monday, August 22, 2011

Carla Sonheim’s Junk Mail Book Class


Week three at Carla Sonheim's summer camp was a ‘junk mail’ book.
Once again I learned a lot from Carla! Techniques I might never have tried on my own.
Not sure if I like the finished product but I totally enjoyed the process.
Maybe I just need some distance from it for a while to truly appreciate it.
You collect junk mail, gesso it, then add some pizzazz  with watercolors.
You put the 'book' together with pages that are uneven and overlap one another, then draw so that one page flows into the next. (It's kind of difficult to see in the pictures.)
It was quite challenging, and I'm afraid I wasn't very imaginative. LOL
I used packing tape to bind my book.






4 comments:

  1. You have obviously entered in to the spirit of Carla's class, each picture unique. Well done Robin. I had thought about doing one of her classes online and wondered how difficult that would be.....thanks for sharing, I feel encouraged now, so I may give it a go at some point.....cheers, ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Are you kidding, these are awesome! Love your creatures and the colours! I did three of Carla's Silly workshops, & there is always stuff coming out that I had NO idea was in there (in where? in ME?!) - such fun, even if at times a little, uhm.. odd ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!! It's fabulous!!! Keep at the technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great! Thinking about taking her junk mail class at the end of November. might need to do it. Love Shay you came up with!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!