.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Playing

I was trying to rescue a piece of painted fabric. (I should have taken a ‘before’ picture but I forgot, sorry.)

It was originally a gawdawful combination of greens. Way too dark so I just kept adding paint till it was less awful.

I still didn’t like it so I covered it with circles and leaf shapes cut from an old children’s book, did some free motion stitching, more paint, sloshed (a technical term) on some Collagepauge and stuck some tissue paper on the back side. The Collagepauge gives it an interesting stiff plastic-y feel.

Better but still not one of my favorite pieces.

Not knowing what to do with it, I turned it into a folder using a
Kim Henkel idea.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?





4 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's brilliant Robin. I envy you being able to sew, my skills in that department are totally Nil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure made a nice folder but it looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! the flowers and the printed leaves! also, love your technical jargon there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Robin,
    I finally have some time to catch up on reading some blogs and was thrilled when I came across this. Your folder looks great, and I'm thrilled you used the idea!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!