.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baking 101

Every once in a while I get it into my head that I want to bake fresh bread.

The problem is I’m yeast impaired.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the yeast to proof and come alive.

I do everything right. I check the expiration date on the package, I use filtered water, I use a thermometer to check the temperature of the water. What I’m saying is, I’m precise.

Husband, on the other hand, grabs a packet of yeast, microwaves some filtered water, sticks in his finger to test the temperature, throws in the yeast, a little flour and sugar (no measuring mind you) and fifteen minutes later has a living, breathing organism that threatens to take over the kitchen!

Look into my bowl and it looks like a forlorn mud puddle.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree that life can be cruel that way sometimes. I feel your pain...I can't seem to make yeast work, either. I've given up.
    Oh well, back to the drawing board ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he can make some homemade bread for you so you don't always have to have store bought!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!