.....and other random stuff......

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hey, look at me! I’ m ‘doin’ watercolor!


And it LOOKS like something! Wheeee! 
I signed up for Jane Lafazio’s
Sketchbook and Watercolor: Journal Style online class. This was lesson one.
It was supposed to be fruit, but we had eaten all the fruit! I didn’t want to wait until I went to the store, so I grabbed these peppers from the fridge. (You could tell they were peppers, right? Lol)

Trying to remember to keep specks of white for interest and sparkle (kind of hard to do) and I totally messed up the shadows. But hey, not bad for my first still life, if I do say so myself!

(note to self: work on color mixing for shadows! lol)

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I find it hard to comment on the joggles site and didn't see yours when I looked. I am taking this class too. Now that I am, I would recommend it before taking Laure Ferlita's but Laure's will take you farther in the long run while this class is bold and fun so far. You left a lot more white specks than I did. I have a really hard time leaving some. I love how your background fit too and your title.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!