.....and other random stuff......

Friday, February 25, 2011

Opposites, yellow/purple

Grapes: done with watercolor on 140lb cold press watercolor paper outlined with micron pen, (cut out and then glued back on because I messed up! Lol) the yellow is yellow tissue paper on watercolor paper with golden medium and bits of yellow fabric stitched.

(It looks more blue than purple on the monitor, but it’s really purple, trust me!)
I'm still not sure if I like watercolor. Maybe I need to take a class.....suggestions anyone?

2 comments:

  1. No suggestions, but we have several things in common. I am left-handed, love fiber and texture, live in central, east coast of Florida. So have a vineyard so love your grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watercolor although I have only used it in journaling so far. I do have a suggestion for an online class. I have taken several "trips" with Laure Ferlita who runs a site called Imaginary Trips which I have enjoyed. She leads you into watercolor in a small format and shows with videos how. We get lots of choices in subject matter with each trip and everyone's style starts to show up which Laure deals with very well. She gives you a critique for your posted work and will tell you what is good about it and then gently help you with how to improve it. I highly recommend her classes!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!