.....and other random stuff......

Monday, September 20, 2010

Help! I can’t stop making journals!

For weeks now, every day, I’ve been “gesso-ing” junk mail, take out menus, old magazine pages, anything I could get my hands on. I really didn’t have any clear cut idea of what I was going to do with them. 
 I also had a bunch of painted and stitched fabric and paper/fabric waiting to be used.



I thought, why not use the gessoed pages to practice my binding stitches? Then I thought, why not try sewing the pages together?

I started with just one, for myself…….. And then another and another……... I can’t stop! It’s like trying to eat just one potato chip.

But they make me happy! How silly, that making a journal could make me happy? I guess that’s what art is all about. It reminds me of this…….. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpunQZ4cUyI

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!